DCSA Publishes Release 1.2 of Track & Trace Interface Standards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, May 14, 2020 – Release 1.2 of the Track & Trace Interface Standards for customer-facing track and trace events now includes a push model for data distribution. This feature allows customers to subscribe to updates and have updated Track & Trace data sent to them, making it even easier to track the location of their cargo.
In addition, Interface Standards release 1.2 provides the following three updates:
– ‘Event Type’ has been added to ‘Event’ outputs. This parameter differentiates between event types, such as Shipment, Equipment, Transport and Transport Equipment.
– ‘Mode of Transport’ has been added to ‘Transport Event’ and ‘Transport Equipment Event’ outputs.
– ‘Booking Reference’ as an identifier for shipment(s) has changed to be optional in ‘Event’ outputs.
In late May/early June, Track & Trace API definitions reflecting these changes will be published on Swaggerhub.
Digital Container Shipping Association (DCSA) is a neutral, non-profit group founded by major ocean carriers to digitise and standardise the container shipping industry. With the mission of leading the industry towards systematic collaboration, DCSA drives initiatives to make container transportation services transparent, reliable, easy to use, secure and environmentally friendly. DCSA’s open source standards are developed based on input from DCSA member carriers, industry stakeholders and technology experts from other industries. DCSA member carriers include: MSC, Maersk, CMA CGM, Hapag-Lloyd, ONE, Evergreen, Yang Ming, HMM and ZIM. Please download DCSA standards at dcsa.org.
- DCSA Track & Trace Standards Adopted by Majority of Member Carriers
- Quarterly Member Newsletter – Issue 5
- Creating visibility to improve reliability in container shipping
You don’t need to be a DCSA member to collaborate with us. Our goal is to produce standards beneficial to the whole container shipping industry, and as such, we value your input and encourage you to adopt DCSA standards.Learn more
You may be also interested in
DCSA Track & Trace Standards Adopted by Majority of Member Carriers
07 Apr 2021
Alignment of container shipping industry gains traction
Quarterly Member Newsletter – Issue 5
02 Mar 2021
Read the fifth edition of our quarterly publication about standardisation for container shipping.